About Us

Our History

Although our recorded history begins in 1923 with 25 members, Neriah Baptist Church was actually organized years prior to this date. The church relocated to East Point, GA in 1952 under the leadership of Rev. R.N. Martin, who served as Pastor for 56 years. Rev. Martin retired as Pastor of Neriah Baptist Church effective January 1, 1991 and was immediately elected Pastor Emeritus. 

The Lord guided, and in December 1997, Albert J. Lindsey, Jr., our seventh pastor, accepted the call of God and became Servant Pastor.  Neriah experienced spiritual, physical, cultural and economic growth; and in November of 2003, we celebrated in our first worship service for acquisition of the “Land of Destiny”, a small sanctuary, and over 18 acres of land, to accommodate the vision for our ministry, in Union City, GA.

However, after seven (7) years of serving and ministering and amid this phenomenal growth, Servant Pastor Lindsey felt a shifting within his personal ministry, rooted in his desire to pursue God. In 2004, our name was changed from Neriah Baptist Church to Neriah Church as a result of Servant Pastor Lindsey’s revelation to remove man’s focus from denominationalism to God’s will for His church to be inclusive and not exclusive.  

We believe "eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man the things which God hath prepared for" us.

Service Times & Directions

Weekend Services

Sunday Morning Worhsip: 9:30 am

Weekday Services

Wednesday Evening Midweek Manna/Bible Study: 7:00 pm

4786 Dodson Road
Union City, GA 30291
(770) 964-2727